Data protection declaration
The protection of your privacy is important to us. If and to the extent that you voluntarily provide us with personal data, such data will be processed in accordance with the provisions of the EU General Data Protection Ordinance (GDPR) in the version applicable from May 25, 2018 and the statutory data protection provisions of the Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG) and the Telemedia Act (TMG). With the following data protection information we would like to explain to you in detail how the data is handled.
1. General information about the collection of personal data
1.1 In principle, the collection, processing and use of personal data for the utilization of our Internet presence is limited to the necessary extent and the necessary data. Personal data is all data that makes you personally identifiable, e.g. name, address, e-mail addresses, user behaviour.
1.2 Responsible body
Responsible for the collection, processing and use of your personal data in accordance with Art. 4 sec. 7 GDPR is:
MEA Group GmbH
Telefon: +49 (0) 8251 – 91 0
Telefax: +49 (0) 8251 – 91 1807
(here in after referred to as: MEA Group GmbH).
You can contact our data protection officer under the following contact details:
SECUWING GmbH & Co. KG | Datenschutz Agentur
86152 Augsburg | Germany
Amtsgericht Augsburg: HRA 19071
T +49 (0) 821 90786458
1.3 If you contact us by e-mail, via an order or other contact form, you agree that the data you voluntarily provide (e-mail address, if applicable name, address, etc.) may be stored by us in order to answer your questions or process your other request. We will delete the data arising in this context after the storage is no longer necessary, or limit the processing if statutory retention obligations exist.
1.4 If we make use of contracted service providers for individual functions of our offer, we will inform you about the use of the data and the storage duration.
2. Your rights
You have the right:
- to request information about your personal data processed by us in accordance with Art. 15 GDPR. In particular, you may obtain information about the purposes of the processing, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients, the planned storage period, the existence of a right to rectification, deletion, limitation of processing or objection;
- to immediately request the correction of incorrect or complete personal data stored by us in accordance with Art. 16 GDPR;
- to request the deletion of your personal data stored with us in accordance with Art. 17 GDPR, unless the processing is necessary to exercise the right to freedom of expression and information, to fulfil a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or to assert, exercise or defend legal claims;
- pursuant to Art. 18 GDPR, to restrict the processing of your personal data if you dispute the accuracy of the data, if the processing is unlawful but you refuse its deletion and we no longer need the data, but you need it to assert, exercise or defend legal claims, or you have filed an objection against the processing pursuant to Art. 21 GDPR;
- pursuant to Art. 20 GDPR, to receive your personal data that you have provided to us in a structured, current and machine-readable format;
- in accordance with Art. 7 sec. 3 GDPR, to revoke your consent to us at any time. As a result, we are no longer allowed to continue processing data based on this consent in the future and
- are entitled to issue a complaint to a supervisory authority pursuant to Art. 77 GDPR. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority of your usual place of residence or work, or the registered head office of our company.
3. Collection of personal data when you visit our website
When using our web pages for information purposes only, i.e. when you do not register or otherwise provide us with information, we will collect the following data, which is technically necessary to display our website to you, and to guarantee its stability and security:
- IP address
- Date and time of the request
- Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Content of the request (specific page)
- Access Status/HTTP Status Code
- the amount of data transferred in each case
- Website from which the request comes
- Operating system and its interface
- Language and version of the browser software.
The mentioned data will be processed by us for the following purposes:
- Ensure a smooth connection to the website,
- Ensure a comfortable use of our website,
- evaluation of the system security and stability as well as
- for other administrative purposes.
The legal basis for data processing is Art. 6 sec. 1 p. 1 lit. f GDPR. Under no circumstances do we use the data collected for the purpose of drawing conclusions about you personally.
4. Further functions of our website and other offers
4.1 In addition to the purely informational use of our website or other advertising media, we offer various services that you can use if you are interested. Usually, you must provide further personal data, which we will use to provide the respective service. The legal foundations are Art. 6 sec. 1 p. 1 lit. a, b and f GDPR.
4.2 In some cases we use external service providers to process your data. These carefully selected and commissioned service providers are bound by our instructions and are regularly checked.
4.3 Furthermore, we may pass on your personal data to third parties if this is legally permissible and in accordance with Art. 6 sec. 1 p. 1 lit. B GDPR is required for the processing of contractual relationships with you.
4.4 If our service providers or partners are based in a country outside the European Economic Area (EEA), we will inform you in the description of the offer.
4.5 We use the SSL procedure (Secure-Socket Layer) within our website in conjunction with the highest level of encryption supported by your web browser. Whether a single page of our website is transmitted in encrypted form is indicated by the closed display of the key or lock symbol in the lower status bar of your browser. MEA takes security precautions to protect your data against manipulation, loss, destruction or access by unauthorized persons or against unauthorized disclosure. Our security measures are continuously improved in line with technological developments.
5. Prize competitions
If you voluntarily provide us with your personal data for participation in the respective campaign within the scope of a prize competition / prize drawing / advertising measure carried out by us, we will process and use this data exclusively to the extent necessary to carry out the measure and to determine and notify the winners. The legal foundation is Art. 6 sec. 1 p. 1 lit. a GDPR. In addition, the respective terms and conditions of participation in the competitions shall apply. The legal basis for the permissibility of these advertising measures are Art. 6 sec. 1 p. lit. f GDPR.
6. Objection or revocation against the processing of your data
6.1 If you have given your consent to the processing of your data, you can revoke this at any time.
6.2 Of course, you can object to the processing of your personal data for purposes of advertising and data analysis at any time. You can inform us about your advertising objection under the contact data mentioned in section 1.2 above.
7.2 This website uses the following types of cookies, the scope and functioning of which are explained below:
- Transient (temporary) cookies, i.e. cookies that are automatically deleted when you close your browser. These store a so-called session ID, with which different requests of your browser can be assigned to the common session. This will allow your computer to be recognized when you return to our website. Session cookies are deleted when you log out or close your browser.
- Persistent (remaining) cookies, i.e. cookies with which you can configure your browser settings according to your wishes. Here, for example, the acceptance of third party cookies or all cookies can be rejected. Please note that you may not be able to use all functions of this website.
8. Online application
8.1 By submitting application documents in accordance with our career page at https://www.mea-group.com/en/mea-group/career/, you are expressing your interest in joining our company. The data you provide is used exclusively for the purpose of the job search. You expressly agree that the personal data you provide will be stored and processed for this purpose. The legal foundation is Art. 6 sec. 1 p. 1 lit. a GDPR.
8.2 Your data will only be used within our company to fill a suitable position. Only authorized employees will have access to your data. Please note that you are responsible for the accuracy of your data. By releasing your profile data, you expressly agree to be contacted. This can be done by e-mail, ground mail or telephone. Your data is exclusively used for the recruitment process. Your data will be stored for a period of 5 months after the end of the actual application procedure. You are entitled to revoke your consent to the use of your personal data at any time in accordance with our explanations under section 7. The revocation can be declared by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by sending a message to the contact details provided under section 1.2.
8.3 We would like to point out once again that, in accordance with section 4.5 we utilize both technical and organisational security measures to protect your data from manipulation, loss, destruction and unauthorised access. We adapt our security measures in line with technological developments.
9. Use of Tracking-Tools
The tracking measures listed below and used by us are carried out on the basis of Art. 6 sec. 1 p. 1 lit. f GDPR. With the tracking measures used, we want to ensure that our website is designed to meet the requirements, and that it is continually optimized. We use tracking tools to statistically record the use of our website, and to evaluate this for the purpose of optimizing our offer for you. These interests are to be regarded as legitimate within the meaning of the aforementioned provision.
9.1 Google Analytics
For the purpose of demand-oriented design and continuous optimization of our pages, we use Google Analytics, a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (https://www.google.de/intl/en/about/) (1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA; hereinafter referred to as “Google”). In this context, pseudonymized user profiles are created and cookies are used (see section 4). The cookies generate the following information when using our website:
- Browser type/version,
- Operating system used,
- Referrer URL (the previously visited page),
- Host name of the accessing computer (IP address),
- Time of the server request.
This information is transferred to a Google server in the USA and stored there. The information is used to evaluate the use of the website, to compile reports on the website activities and to provide further services associated with the use of the website and the Internet for the purposes of market research and demand-oriented design of these Internet pages. This information may also be transferred to third parties if this is required by law or if third parties process this data on behalf of the company. Under no circumstances will your IP address be merged with other data from Google. The IP addresses are anonymized so that an assignment is not possible (IP masking).
You can also prevent the collection of data generated by the cookie and related to your use of the website (including your IP address) and the processing of this data by Google by downloading and installing a browser add-on (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en).
As an alternative to the browser add-on, especially for browsers on mobile devices, you can also prevent Google Analytics from collecting data by clicking this link. An opt-out cookie is set to prevent future collection of your data when you visit this website. The opt-out cookie is only valid in the currently used browser, and only for our website, and it is stored on your device. If you delete the cookies in this browser, you must set the opt-out cookie again.
Further information on data protection in connection with Google Analytics can be found in the Google Analytics Help (https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=en).
9.2 This website uses Google Analytics with the extension “_anonymizeIp()”. As a result, IP addresses are further processed in the abbreviated form, so that a correlation to a person can be ruled out.
9.3 For exceptional cases in which personal data is transferred to the USA, Google has submitted to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework. The legal basis for the use of Google Analytics is Art. 6 sec. 1 p. 1 lit. f GDPR.
9.4 Third Party Information: Google Dublin, Google Ireland Ltd., Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland, Fax: +353 (1) 436 1001.
Data protection overview: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=en,
as well as the data protection declaration: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en&gl=en.
9.5 This website also uses Google Analytics for a device-independent analysis of visitor flows that is carried out via a user ID. You can deactivate the cross-device analysis of your usage in your customer account under “My data”, “Personal data”.
9.6 Analysis by WiredMinds
Our website uses counting pixel technology provided by WiredMinds GmbH (www.wiredminds.de) to analyze visitor behavior. In connection with this, the IP address of the visitor is processed. The processing occurs only for the purpose of collecting company based information such as company name, for example. IP addresses of natural persons are excluded from any furtherprocessing by means of a whitelist. An IP address is not stored in LeadLab under any circumstances.
While processing data, it is our outmost interest to protect the rights of natural persons. Our interest in processing data is based on Article 6(1)(f) GDPR. At no time is it possible to draw conclusions from the collected data on an identifiable person.
WiredMinds GmbH uses this information to create anonymized usage profiles of the visit behavior on our website. Data obtained during this process is not used to personally identify visitors of our website
Opt-Out Link: Exclude from tracking
(A functionally necessary cookie will be set to permanently ensure no tracking
by WiredMinds LeadLab occurs on this website)
10. Google Adwords
10.1 Google AdWords Conversion Tracking We also use Google Conversion Tracking to statistically record the use of our website and to evaluate it for the purpose of optimizing our website. Thereby, Google AdWords will set a cookie (see section 4) on your computer if you have arrived via a Google ad on our website.
These cookies expire after 30 days and are not used for personal identification. These cookies (if not yet expired) allow Google and the AdWords customer to see that the user has clicked on a GoogleAdWords ad and has been redirected to this page.
Each AdWords customer receives a different cookie. The information collected using the conversion cookie is used to generate conversion statistics for AdWords customers who have opted for conversion tracking. AdWords customers see the total number of users who clicked on their ad and were redirected to a page with a conversion tracking tag. However, you will not receive any information that personally identifies users.
10.2 Google AdWords Remarketing: This website uses the Google AdWords service of Google Inc. (“Google”). The remarketing function within the Google AdWords service is used for this. The remarketing feature allows us to present advertisements based on their interests to users of our site on other sites within the Google display network. For this purpose, the interaction of users on our website is analysed, for example, in which offers the user was interested, in order to be able to display targeted advertising to users even after visiting our website on other pages. For this purpose a so-called “Cookies” are stored on the visitor’s computer. The string contained in it serves to recognize a visitor when he or she visits websites that are part of the Google advertising network. This may include advertisements that refer to content previously viewed on websites that use Google Remarketing.
For this purpose Google uses, among other things, the so-called “DoubleClick” cookie. (Section 7.2) This is the same cookie that is used on websites that run advertising programs of Google’s subsidiary DoubleClick. No advertising from third parties is placed on our pages. The DoubleClick cookie is only used here for remarketing purposes.
According to its own statements, Google does not collect any personal data with the remarketing function. However, if conclusions regarding personal data arise from the use of the aforementioned service, the legal basis for this is Art. 6 sec. 1 p. 1 lit. f GDPR.
This website uses social plugins (“plugins”) from the video portal youtube.com. YouTube is operated by Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA. The plugins are recognizable by a YouTube logo.
When you call up a page of our website with such a plugin, your browser establishes a direct connection to the Google servers. By integrating the plugins, Google receives the information that you have accessed the relevant page of our website. If you’re a Google member and signed in to your Google Account, Google may link your visit of this page to your Google Account. When you press the YouTube button, your browser will send your input to Google. Google then processes this data. The purpose and scope of the data collection and further processing of the data by Google, your rights and setting options for the protection of your privacy in this context can be obtained from the data protection information from Google and YouTube available under https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en&gl=en.
DATA PROTECTION NOTICE
Data Protection Notice pursuant to Art. 13 GDPR for customers, suppliers, and business partners
1. RESPONSIBLE PARTY (CONTROLLER)/DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
Data processing is carried out by
MEA Group GmbH and all its subsidiaries, Sudetenstraße 1, 86552 Aichach, Germany, Phone: +49 8251 91 – 0, Fax: +49 8251 91 -1360, email@example.com.
The company’s Data Protection Officer is Maximilian Hartung, SECUWING GmbH & Co KG, Frauentorstraße 9, 86152 Augsburg, Germany, Phone: +49 821 90786458, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. DATA COLLECTION, DATA STORAGE
We process personal data that we receive from you in the course of our business relationship.
If and insofar as this is necessary for the provision of our services, we process personal data which we have legitimately received from third parties (e.g. for the execution of orders, for the fulfilment of contracts, or on the basis of consent given by you).
We process personal data that we have legitimately obtained from publicly accessible sources (e.g. press, media) and are authorised to process.
Relevant personal data are master data (name, address and other contact data, company, company address, and other company contact data). In addition, this may also include contract data (e.g. order data, product data), data from the fulfilment of our contractual obligations (e.g. sales), creditworthiness data, scoring/rating data, advertising and sales data (including advertising scores), documentation data (e.g. from documented conversations), data about your use of the telemedia services offered by us (e.g. time of calling up our newsletter), as well as other data comparable with the categories mentioned.
The data are processed at your request and in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. b GDPR for the purposes mentioned above to appropriately process the order and for the mutual fulfilment of obligations arising from the contract.
The personal data collected by us for the performance of the order will be stored until the expiry of the legal obligation to store said data (up to 10 years after the conclusion of the order) and are then deleted, unless we are obligated to longer storage in accordance with Article 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. c GDPR due to tax and commercial lawful storage and documentation obligations (from HGB (German Commercial Code), StGB (German Penal Code), or AO (German Taxation Regulation)), or if we are legally bound to a longer storage period, or if you have given us your consent to store the data beyond the term as stipulated pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. a GDPR.
3. DATA COLLECTION WITHIN THE FRAMEWORK OF THE BALANCING OF INTERESTS (ART. 6 PARA. 1 LIT. GDPR)
We also process your data beyond the actual fulfilment of the contract in order to protect our legitimate interests or those of third parties, e.g.:
- Data exchange with credit agencies (e.g. SCHUFA) to determine creditworthiness and default risks;
- Review and optimisation of procedures for needs analysis and direct customer approach;
- Advertising or market and opinion research, provided you have not objected to the use of your data;
- Assertion of legal claims and mounting a defence in legal disputes;
- Ensuring the integrity of company IT security and IT operations;
- Measures for building and maintaining system security (e.g. access controls);
- Measures to secure the householder’s rights;
- Measures for business management and further development of services and products;
- As an aid to customer advice and support, as well as sales;
- General business management and further development of services, systems, and products;
- Fulfilment of internal requirements and the requirements of our affiliated companies;
- Crime prevention and investigation, risk management, and fraud prevention.
Our interest, and that of the additional responsible parties (data controllers), in the respective processing results from the respective purposes and is otherwise of an economic nature (efficient performance of tasks, distribution and avoidance of legal risks). As far as the specific purpose permits, we and the additional data controllers will process your data in pseudonymised or anonymised form.
3.1 ON THE BASIS OF YOUR CONSENT (ART. 6 PARA. 1 LIT. A GDPR)
If you have given us your consent to process personal data for specific purposes (e.g. newsletter distribution), this processing is legal on the basis of your consent. You may revoke your consent at any time. This also applies to the withdrawal of declarations of consent given to us before 25 May 2018. Please note that such withdrawal only becomes effective in the future. Processing operations that are performed prior to the revocation are not affected.
3.2 ON THE BASIS OF LEGAL REQUIREMENTS (ART. 6 PARA. 1 LIT. C GDPR)
We are subject to various legal obligations, i.e. statutory requirements, (e.g. terrorist list regulations, money laundering laws, tax laws) on the basis of which we are obliged to process personal data. The purposes of processing include the prevention of fraud and money laundering, the fulfilment of tax monitoring and reporting obligations, as well as the assessment and management of risks.
4. DATA USAGE
Within our company, the departments that receive your data are those that need them to fulfil their contractual and legal obligations or to fulfil their respective tasks (e.g. sales and marketing).
In addition, the following recipients may receive your data:
contract processors (Art. 28 GDPR) used by us, in particular in the area of IT services and logistics and printing services, who process your data on our behalf and in accordance with our instructions, public authorities and institutions in the event of a legal or official obligation on the part of our respective agents, employees, representatives, authorised representatives, auditors, service providers, as well as any subsidiaries or group companies (and their respective agents, employees, consultants, representatives, authorised representatives).
Your personal data will only be disclosed to the following recipients or categories of recipients:
network operators, metering point operators and service providers for the supply and billing of the contract. This also applies to economically sensitive information within the meaning of §60 EnWG (Law on Energy Management). Credit institutions and providers of payment services for settlements and the processing of payments. Service providers for operating the IT infrastructure, for printing invoices and subscriber/customer information letters, as well as for destroying files. Public authorities in justified cases (e.g. social security institutions, tax authorities, police, public prosecutor’s office, supervisory authorities). Credit agencies and scoring providers for credit information and the assessment of credit risks. Collection service providers and lawyers to collect claims, in which case we will inform you before the intended transfer.
5. DATA STORAGE
If necessary, we process and store your personal data for the duration of the business relationship, which also includes, for example, the initiation and processing of a contract. It should be noted that our business relationship is usually a long-term debt relationship which is designed to run for years. In addition, we are subject to various storage and documentation obligations, including those arising from the German Commercial Code (HGB) and the Fiscal Code (AO). The time limits for storage and documentation specified therein range from 2 years to 10 years. Finally, the retention period is also assessed according to the statutory limitation periods, which, for example, according to §§ 195 et seqq. of the German Civil Code (BGB) may be 3 years as a rule, but in certain cases also up to 30 years.
6. TRANSFER OF DATA TO THIRD PARTIES
Your personal data will not be transferred to third parties for purposes other than those listed. Insofar as this is required to process contractual relations with you pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. b GDPR, your personal data will be transferred to third parties. This in particular includes the transfer to opponents of proceedings and their representatives (in particular their lawyers) as well as courts and other public authorities for correspondence purposes, as well as for asserting and defending your rights. Third parties may exclusively use the transferred data for the specified purposes. Your data will only be transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area – EEA (third countries) – if this is necessary or legally required for the performance of your orders or if you have given your consent.
7. RIGHTS OF DATA SUBJECTS
You have the right:
- pursuant to Art. 7 para. 3 GDPR, to revoke your consent provided to us at any time. As a result, we are no longer allowed to continue processing data based on this consent in the future;
- to request information about your personal data processed by us in accordance with Art. 15 GDPR. In particular, you may obtain information about the purposes of processing, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data has been or will be disclosed, the planned storage period, the existence of a right to correction, erasure, restriction of processing, or objection, the existence of a right of appeal, the origin of your data, if this has not been collected by us, and the existence of automated decision-making including profiling and, where appropriate, meaningful information about their details;
- to immediately request the completion of or the correction of incorrect personal data stored by us in accordance with Art. 16 GDPR;
- to request the erasure of your personal data stored by us in accordance with Art. 17 GDPR, unless the processing is necessary to exercise the right to freedom of expression and information, to fulfil a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest, or to assert, exercise or defend legal claims;
- pursuant to Art. 18 GDPR, to demand the restriction of the processing of your personal data, as far as the accuracy of the data is disputed by you, the processing is unlawful, but you reject their erasure and we no longer need the data, but you still need them to assert, exercise, or defend legal claims or you have objected to processing in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR;
- pursuant to Art. 20 GDPR, to receive your personal data that you have provided to us in a structured, current and machine-readable format or to request their transfer to another responsible person;
- according to Art. 77 GDPR, to complain to a supervisory authority. As a rule, you can contact the competent supervisory authority of your usual place of residence or workplace, or our headquarters.
8. RIGHT OF OBJECTION
If your personal data are processed based on legitimate interests pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f GDPR, you have the right, following Art. 21 GDPR, to object to the processing of your personal data if there are reasons for this that arise from your particular situation.
We can also process your data for direct advertising within the framework of legal regulations. You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data for the purpose of such advertising at any time. This also applies to any profiling connected with such direct advertising. If you object to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes, we will no longer process your personal data for these purposes.
If you wish to exercise your right of objection, simply send us an email using the contact details given at the beginning of this notice.